Dr. Mosaraf Ali is one of the British Queen Elizabeth II's doctors and author of Dr. Ali's Nutrition Bible. In his book, he details the basic principles of a healthy lifestyle that all members of the Royal Family follow.
Nutrition is one of the most important things for our health. For people who want to live long lives, Dr. Ali gives the following tips:
- If you can, eat farm-grown foods.
- Eat fresh fruit and vegetables instead of canned ones.
- Eat enough protein. Vegetarians should replace meat protein with tofu, cottage cheese, almond milk, and other foods.
- Replace fruit juices with carrot, apple, ginger, and celery juices.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day.
- Eat less red meat and replace it with chicken or turkey.
- Stop eating fried food, cheese, mushrooms, and citrus (except oranges and tangerines). Eat as little salt as you can.
- Once a week, eat only fruit, vegetable soups, and drink water.
Bottom line: Watch what you eat. Not everybody can afford to buy farm-produced foods, but everyone can cut down on smoked foods, fried foods, and snacks.