This recipe has been tested countless times, so yes I would say, it is safe and reliable, the only potential downside is that it may take up to 3 months to see result. If you're looking for something that works overnight, chances are, it probably carries some form of risk or side-effects. But if you want something that absolutely works fine, read on...
The main ingredient is something that you can get from the supermarket easily: yogurt.
Most of the skin whitening products contain an ingredient called lactic acid. Lactic acid is actually an organic compound and is abundantly present in yogurt. Lactic acid within yogurt does two things:
- it moisturizes and hydrates the skin
- it exfoliates the skin to bring back its natural glow
To achieve the whitening effect, you'd need to include ascorbic acid found in fruits such as lemons.
Here are the application steps:
- Mix well a cup of plain yogurt with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Apply mask on clean face and massage in circular motions.
- Leave on for 15 - 20 minutes, then rinse off well with cold water.